Curbside Leaf Pick-Up
Are you cleaning up your yard? The City of St. Albert will pick up bagged leaves from your curbside and turn it into compost!
Dates for 2019:
Monday, September 30 to Friday, October 11 (Completed)
Monday, October 28 to Friday, November 8
- Leaves must be in paper bags or reusable garbage cans or bins (maximum size of 80 L or 21 gallons) on your waste collection day. Paper yard waste bags can be purchased at local grocery and hardware stores.
- Bags and containers must not exceed 25 kgs (50 lbs) to ensure the safety of staff.
- Leaves in plastic bags will not be collected.
- Certified compostable bags will not be collected. Although acceptable in the Green Organics Cart, large compostable bags for leaves are typically not available in retail stores. Also due to the weight of leaves, the bags will split making it difficult for residents and staff.
- Ensure leaves are placed on the boulevard, clear of any obstructions (such as carts, trees or parked vehicles). Staff will not go on private property or resident's property to get the bags or containers.
- Place leaves out at curbside by 7:00 a.m. on your waste collection day, and ensure bags and containers are clear of any debris or snow. To see your household's collection day, please view the Collection Schedule page. Please note that leaves are collected by a different truck, not the Green Organics Cart truck.
- Only leaf material is acceptable in bags and containers, no other yard waste or material will be collected.
- This service is only offered to those residents who currently receive Green Organics Cart collections from the City of St. Albert.
Did you know?
Last edited: November 7, 2019