The Oakmont neighbourhood is located in the northeast quadrant of St. Albert along the Sturgeon River. Development began in the early 1990s and continues with beautiful views of the river valley. Oakmont is a gorgeous St. Albert housing community that features affordable single-family homes, luxury single-family homes, and just about everything in between.
Development Began: 2010s
Type of homes: Condos, Duplexes, Townhomes, Single Family Homes
Parks in the area: Oakmont Park; Olivier Park; Oakridge Park; Oakdale Park
Schools in the Area
- Elementary: Keenooshayo Elementary School, Neil M. Ross Catholic School, Ecole Alexandre Tache
- Located near the Shops of Boudreau
- Large park with an outdoor skating rink
- Lots of green space
- Walking paths through treed areas
- Backs along the Sturgeon River with many walking trails that link to Red Willow Park
- Walking distance to the St. Albert Botanic Park
- The median age is 45-55
Oakmont is built on land that was originally owned by Peter and Mary Sernowski, who received the land in 1928. They owned over 100 acres and used it for farming hay and hosting a community garden. In the 1970’s Peter and Mary’s daughter, June and her husband Robert, inherited a portion of the land. In 2011, Robert and June sold part of the land to Sarasota Homes. June and Robert still call Oakmont home and enjoy being surrounded by families who also get to enjoy the land.
Last edited: November 7, 2019