St. Albert offers a high quality of life.
With easy access to health care services, abundant green space, and proactive policing services it should come as little surprise that, according to the City's most recent Community Satisfaction Survey, 99% of respondents provided a positive rating for quality of life in St. Albert.
- The local Sturgeon Community Hospital offers emergency, women's health, cardiac care, surgery, medicine, paediatrics, and rehabilitation care in modern, clean facilities. It was awarded an A+ rating in a national study conducted by the CBC in 2013.
- Health Care Providers
- More than 2.5 doctors per 1,000 residents who offer general family medicine as well as specialized care.
- Over 150 community-led block parties are hosted annually throughout the city, leading to stronger and safer neighbourhoods
- St. Albert Protective Services includes a full complement of Fire and Ambulance personnel, an active Municipal Enforcement branch and the city is served by the RCMP on policing matters.
- Community & Social Development provides a variety of programs and services to help families and individuals in need.
- There are many recreation facilities including pools, gyms, and arenas including Servus Credit Union Place.
- Locally grown food can be sourced at local supermarkets and the weekly summer farmers’ market.
- There are over 90 km of walking and biking trails for residents to enjoy.
- St. Albert is committed to ensuring families enjoy a healthy natural environment and has set sustainability standards for air and water quality, and land and waste management.
- Known for its parks and green spaces, St. Albert boasts the highest number of trees per capita of any city in Canada.
Last edited: November 5, 2019