Erin Ridge North Parks Enhancement
About the Project
Erin Ridge North is a growing community on the north side of St. Albert and contains parks that were constructed by the neighbourhood developer. The City is now prepared to complete development of Coal Mine Park in 2019.
An open house took place in the fall of 2017 and residents who attended were able to look at the following sites and give feedback:
- Amenities surrounding Edgewater Storm Water Management Facility
- Amenities surrounding Element Storm Water Management Facility
- Coal Mine Park
- Everitt Park
- Future planning and feedback for park space in Erin Ridge North Phase 2 (north of Neil Ross Road)
In addition, an online survey was made available in December 2017 to collect further feedback on the park enhancements. Through the survey, residents could view the open house information package and give their feedback.
Through the collection of feedback, a master plan for Erin Ridge North was completed, which includes a summary of feedback from the public engagement activities. The following will occur now that public engagement is complete:
- Construction of Everitt Park was completed in 2018.
- Detailed design was completed on Edgewater Storm Water Management Facility, Element Storm Water Management Facility, and Coal Mine Parks through 2018.
- Construction of Coal Mine Park in 2019.
- Construction of Edgewater and Element is pending Council approval.
Last edited: November 5, 2019