For Immediate Release / November 7, 2019
City Unwraps Toys for Tickets
Campaign supports less fortunate families in St. Albert
The City will be unwrapping its annual Toys for Tickets campaign to support less fortunate families across St. Albert. Municipal Enforcement Services began this successful campaign in 2009, which provides an opportunity for individuals to give new toys as payment for their parking tickets.
For tickets issued between November 15 and November 29, 2019, the City will accept new, unwrapped toys as an alternative form of payment for parking violations. Toys received will be donated to the Fill-A-Bus campaign led by St. Albert Transit and Diversified Transportation, as part of the St. Albert Kinette’s Christmas Hamper Campaign.
Last year, staff accepted 175 toys, valued over $4,333. The City also received toy donations from residents who did not receive a parking ticket but wanted to take part in the program.
Toys will be accepted for eligible parking tickets only. The following conditions apply:
- Tickets must have been issued between November 15 and November 29, 2019.
- The ticket must be paid with a toy within the early payment date range to be eligible.
- Toys must be new, age appropriate (newborn to 16 years), and in original packaging.
- The value of the toy must equal or exceed $25 and a receipt must be presented at the time of payment.
- DROP-OFF LOCATION: Payment will be accepted from November 15 to December 6, 2019 at the St. Albert RCMP Detachment (Maloney Place), 96 Bellerose Drive. Open Mondays – 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Tuesdays to Fridays – 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., and Saturdays – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Similar Toys for Tickets campaigns have run in Red Deer, Fort St. John and Vancouver.
- 30 -
Last edited: November 8, 2019