Addressing Council with Topic NOT on Agenda
If the topic on which you are presenting is not on the meeting agenda, the following requirements apply to you.
- Registration must occur at least 5 business days prior to the Council Meeting you wish to speak at.
- Any presentation material, such as handouts or PowerPoint presentations, must be provided to Legislative Services at least 30 minutes prior to the Council meeting. It is highly recommended that you provide your presentation material to Legislative Services prior to the Council meeting by uploading it in the form below. If you are bringing handouts, please provide at least 10 copies (enough for Council and senior Administration). If you wish to do a PowerPoint presentation, you will be required to bring your own USB memory stick to connect to the City’s presentation system.
- If you are not comfortable with the City’s presentation system, please let the Legislative Services Officer know when you register (see below).
- Register using the online form below.
- The Agenda Committee will review your submission and determine if the Council meeting you wish to speak at has sufficient time for Council to hear your presentation and that the relevant staff from Administration will be available to answer any questions from Council arising from presentation of your topic.
- The Agenda Committee will make every attempt to accommodate the Council meeting you wish to speak at; however, if there is not sufficient time or staff is not available, your presentation may be scheduled for a later Council meeting.
- On the day you are registered to speak, please be seated in the public gallery of Council Chambers by 2:00 p.m.
- Individuals or groups who have registered will be given priority during the public presentation time, in the order in which they have registered, to make their presentations to Council.
Request to Address Council
Fields with an * are required.
Please note the following: 1) This personal information is being collected under the authority of Section 33 (c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.A., 2000 and will be used to process your inquiry. It will be treated in accordance with the privacy protection provisions of Part 2 of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions about the collection, contact the FOIP Coordinator at 780-459-1500. 2) The information you provide on this form may be transmitted outside of Canada. 3) The City does not respond to anonymous enquiries/submissions, malicious submissions, or submissions containing inappropriate or profane language; those received will be discarded by staff.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding addressing Council on a matter, please contact 780-459-1500 and ask to speak to a Legislative Officer.
For more detailed information, please refer to:
Last edited: December 3, 2019