Financial Plan + 2020 Budget
On October 28, 2019, the Chief Administrative Officer presented the Proposed Financial Plan + 2020 Budget to Council.
Capital projects that have been identified as RMR are critical to sustain current service levels, required as part of detailed lifecycle plans, and are essential for rehabilitation of existing equipment and infrastructure.
On June 17, 2019, Council approved the following recommendations:
- That the 10-Year Municipal Repair, Maintain, Replace (RMR) Capital Plan, provided as an attachment to the June 17, 2019 agenda report titled “Approval of 10-Year Municipal RMR Capital Plan” be approved.
- That the following postponed motion be approved: PM-20-042 – “That the 2020 Municipal Repair, Maintain, Replace (RMR) Capital Budget of 29 capital RMR projects be funded in the amount of $39,571,700.
On June 24, 2019, Council approved the following recommendation:
- That effective for the 2020, 2021 and 2022 budget, the equivalent of a 1.50% property tax increase be included in the municipal tax requirement and specifically targeted to capital reserves to support the repair, maintenance and replacement of existing capital assets.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
HOW CAN YOU GET INVOLVED?
- Online Budget Engagement Results
- Functional Budget Presentations - Nov 7 | 14, 2019
- Council Budget Deliberations - Nov 21 | 26 | 28, 2019
- Council considers the Proposed Budget for Approval - Dec 16, 2019
Last edited: November 13, 2019