Working at the City of St. Albert
Who We Are
The City of St. Albert employs a diverse, talented group of employees who each bring unique skills, experience and qualifications to the work we do. The one common thing we share is our commitment to delivering great service to the residents of St. Albert.
We employ approximately 600 permanent staff members and 300 – 500 casual staff members in a wide variety of union and non-unionized positions. Our organizational chart illustrates the structure of our organization and the diversity of departments that support the success of our City.
To learn more about our organizational culture please view:
Our current collective agreements are available for review:
What We Offer
The City of St. Albert recognizes that attracting and retaining talented individuals is key to our success. What sets us apart from other organizations?
- The size of our organization gives you a great diversity of work that will impact our community.
- While we are growing, we are always connected to each other. Access to other employees is easy if you need advice, support or answers.
- Free parking is available at many of our locations, including City Hall.
- Your voice will be heard. Engagement and satisfaction surveys, various committees, an informative staff Intranet, and meet and greets with the Senior Leadership Team are all venues for feedback.
- Compressed work schedule opportunities for permanent staff and flexibility for temporary and casual staff.
- A chance to give back to our community through our Giving Local Charity Fund.
We also offer:
- A safe and healthy work environment.
- Competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
- Opportunities for career development and advancement.
- Meaningful and interesting positions and projects.
- An inclusive workplace that respects diversity and individual contributions
- Caring, positive and supportive work teams
- A Social Club and opportunities to socialize at a number of City events.
- Recognition celebrations for outstanding performance.
Our permanent and term employees are eligible for benefits which may include:
- Extended Health Coverage
- Group Life Insurance
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan (LAPP)
- Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Travel Insurance
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave Benefits
- Maternity/Parental Leave Programs
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
Professional Development & Training
Through our Corporate Learning Centre, we focus on providing accessible, relevant, learner-focused training and development opportunities to attract, develop and retain the best talent, all in a motivating, creative, inclusive and positive learning environment.
Last edited: October 11, 2019