Clean and Green RiverFest
Clean and Green RiverFest is an annual event intended to increase wildlife habitat along the Sturgeon River by collecting litter before it enters the river and planting native tree and shrub species. It's an opportunity for individuals, groups and families to learn how you can impact the environment in a positive way.
Come join us on Saturday, May 9, 2020 from 11am to 2pm for this year's Clean & Green RiverFest.
Thank you to the 275 participants who came to join us in 2019. With your help, we collected 410kgs of the garbage along the Sturgeon River valley and planted 297 native trees and shrubs. Thank you to our presenting sponsor and partners and the following groups for their participation in this year's event.
- Alberta Conservation Association
- Alberta Native Bee Council
- Big Lake Environment Support Society
- City of St. Albert
- Emergency Services
- Public Works
- Recreation & Parks
- North Saskatchewan Watershed Alliance
- River Lot 56 Society
- St. Albert Canoe & Kayak Club
- St. Albert Tool Library Society
- St. Albert Urban Agriculture - Food Forest
- Trout Unlimited - Yellow Fish Road
- Venture Into Nature
RiverFest is part of the City's Spruce Up St. Albert presented by TD initiative, which helps to clean up and beautify our city.
Thank you to our SPONSORS!
Last edited: January 21, 2020